Saturday, June 7, 2008

In responce to "Irritating the modern Geek"

I posted the following on the findyourgeek.com in response to a thread asking what annoyed a geek the most:

I hate when people, upon realizing the extent of my Star Wars fandom, have a desire to tell me that they've never seen a Star Wars movie before.

For a couple reasons, I don't give a flying fuck. Even if you have scene any one of the six, I don't have anything to tell you about a Star Wars movie that hasn't already been said. I'm not going to be having a completely original conversation with you about which trilogy was better or how annoying Jar Jar is. We get it, he was awful. If you have seen the movies, fat chance you've picked up a SW Novel or comic, and IMO, that's the most interesting stuff.

That or you're telling me because you want me to go off on how great they are: I'm not going to go out of my to convince you to watch a movie and I'm certainly not going to flame you for not seeing them.

Don't patronize me, I can have an intelligent conversation concerning an array of topics.

No comments: